What is the best way to prove something is worthwhile? By providing a load of undisputable statistics from reputable sources, of course! That is exactly what we are going to do with 10 stats to get you excited about social media. Here we go!
1. 72% of online adults use social networks.
2. 665 million daily users are on Facebook.
3. 23% of Facebook users check their accounts 5 or more times a day.
Take away: The world is using and spending a lot of time on social media. Are you reaching your audience by means of this valuable tool?
4. Since 2012, the fastest growing audiences on Facebook (up 46%) and Google+ (up 56%) are aged 45-54 years.
5. On Twitter, the fastest growing audience is aged 55-64 years (up 79% since 2012).
Take away: The target audience for most dentists is on social media and the numbers are continuing to grow. Are you using the correct networks for your industry?
6. Twitter is the fastest growing social network in the last 12 months. It has recorded growth of 44%.
7. Google+ is close behind with an increase of 33%.
8. In fact, 625,000 people join Google+ daily.
Take away: You may be on Facebook, but do you have a Google+ or Twitter account? More people are spending their time on these networks.
9. 69% of Twitter “follows” come from friend recommendations.
10. The Google +1 button is hit 5 million times a day.
Take away: Social interactions have an impact on people’s choices and actions. Can you take advantage of the power of social interactions?
These are just a few of the stats proving social media is a valuable form of marketing, and it is continuing to grow. Examine the facts and get social!
Do you have any dental social media facts to share? Please leave a comment below!